It’s traditional at Bethel to open our Sunday service with greetings and announcements and to include announcements in the bulletin. For the time being and until we can resume public worship at our church, weekly announcements will be posted on our website and on Bethel’s private Facebook group page.
This Week’s Announcements
(Information on COVID-19 and how to access Bethel’s Online Worship videos is below the announcements)
- We will continue to provide online worship each Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
- Pastor Carmel Day will be providing the online worship service for Sunday, April 19. Please support her by setting aside time to watch the service.
- Any and all activities on church property continue to be suspended until further notice.
- Members and Visitors are encouraged to follow Bethel’s public Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/BethelUnitedMethodistSeymour/ for the latest information.
- You are encouraged to mail your weekly tithes and offerings to the church at PO Box 818, Seymour, TN 37865 if you are able. You can also pay online at https://holston-reg.brtapp.com/ChurchOffering. If using the online link, be sure to select Smoky Mountain District and Bethel UMC, Seymour TN to ensure your offering comes to our church.
- I have been mailing a printed transcript of the services to those members I know do not have Internet access. If you know of someone who needs a printed transcript, please contact me.
COVID-19 and Bethel
These are strange times we are living in. We find ourselves much like the first followers of Christ, keeping to ourselves in our homes to avoid persecution, not by the religious authorities of the Temple and the Romans, but by an even greater threat in COVID-19, from which none of us are safe and that has changed significantly the way we to go about our daily routines. So, like those first followers of Christ, we will continue worshipping God as they did – in our homes or wherever we find ourselves for wherever we are, there too is God’s church.
Accessing Bethel’s Online Worship Services
Due to their file size (they are too large to upload to Facebook), Bethel’s worship service videos are housed on YouTube. Previously aired services can be found at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsuYWMszudyV7YoCQ_xi_lGVmKHGRLF8p or here on our website (see next paragraph).
Each week, the service will be scheduled to release on Sunday at 10:30 a.m. as a “premiere” with a link to the video posted here on our “Messages” page (http://www.bethel-seymour.org/messages). Links to the message pages here on the website are also posted on Bethel’s public Facebook page and then shared to Facebook groups for Bethel and its community.
This allows us to take advantage of YouTube’s “live chat” feature during the premiere. Viewers who have and are signed in to a YouTube account will have the ability to chat with one another while watching the video. YouTube accounts are free (it does not require a subscription account to access the live chat). You do not have to have a YouTube account to view the premieres or the previously aired videos.
In order to make the online worship services as familiar as possible, the videos are being prerecorded. This is the only way hymns and responsive readings can be included. I simply do not have the technology to do it any other way.
- If you have an announcement for next week, please submit it through the “Contact Us” link at the top of this page.
- Your announcement may be edited to exclude names of individuals here on the website out of respect for their privacy. We will do our best to otherwise honor and convey your announcements.
- Announcements should be relevant to Bethel UMC, Holston Conference, and the communities around Bethel to be included here.
- Prayer requests should be submitted using the form on the right side of this screen.